- Data we collect
- We shall process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended from time to time. By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information.
- The information you give us when registering to use the site is collected, when you use our service
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number; and
- Your charity details
- Your position or connection with the charity.
- Information we also collect from you when you use the site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Sites (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
2. How do we collect information?
CI Hub Limited (company number 1062505) is the data controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when using the Services. Its registered address is Lingarsar House, Holme Close, Eccleston Park, Liverpool, L34 2QR. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions, please contact at [email protected]
3. How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the Service;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- to communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you information about services which we think may be of interest to you - this may include new provider, launches, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research;
- sending you a confirmation email of your registration - when you register to use the site, you will automatically be sent confirmation. This is a standard part of our Services and by using the Services you agree to receive these communications;
- to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality on our Sites.
- Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, sms, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
- Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
4. Who do we share your information with?
When you use any of our Services, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- service providers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality, such as whether services which are suitable for you. if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
- If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
5. What cookies do we use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
- Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire. The cookie used to keep you signed in to your account expires after 90 days. Every time you visit CI Hub, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
6. What advertisements do we show on our Site?
We do not allow use of advertisements on our site.
7. How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe?
Our Sites are "SSL Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the Site. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Sites where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your information on our Sites. A strong password should include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
8. How can you amend your preferences?
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time. You may also amend your marketing preferences emailing us at [email protected]
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
If you no longer wish to be contacted by providers for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
9. Your rights and responsibilities
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
In order to ensure the Services, we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Site is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
Last updated November 2017